I found this loose note tucked into one of my college journals last night. The note is dated January 5, 2002.
It is a bit cheesy, as I was lofty in my writing style at the time, but it’s amazing how every single item in the note still rings true to me today. I can proudly say I’ve adhered to every single one without even remembering I had written this.
Promises to Myself:
- Don’t give up on love or life
- Remember after a storm, there’s always a rainbow
- Be a good friend always, even when the other friend isn’t being very good to me
- Never underestimate my emotions and feelings because of something someone else may say; they are what make me a beautiful human being
- Know that a greater love shall arise; I will not be alone in life
- Forgive others; we are not infallible
- Know that it will all come in good time; patience has gotten me this far
- Remember all is not lost; if a friend really loves you, they might not be able to show it, but it’s in his heart and will someday be known
- Pick myself up after being kicked down
- Be a friend to someone who they will never forget